Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of the Blog

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Madam Malkin, Vice President Reynolds, Members of Kos, distinguished commentors, and fellow Large Mammals:

This rite of custom brings us together at a defining hour – when comical posts are hard and spellcheck is tested.

From the start of this blog I've tried to "bring the funny", be sometimes relevant, and even serious now and then. From the start of this blog, I never tried to be fair or balanced...to Scott Harper that is.

Two years and five months ago, I started this little site to express my asinine opinion and to take my fart jokes online. I still have lots of farts and more asinine opinions than a Saturday night bingo game, but like a case of gonorrhea, this blog has ran it's course. As of tonight, GOP and the City will become inactive.

While I'll continue to be active in politics, I plan to take my drive out of the blogosphere and into the "real world". I haven't declared that I'm a Democratic presidential candidate like everyone else. I plan on volunteering my time to help out the Rudy 2008 campaign. I have not told the wife, so keep it between me and you.

This site has 247,746 hits as of right now. Most were google searches for nude pictures of Mario Vasquez, however I did have a few people who were regulars. I am proud of the number of posts that drove people to laugh or call me stupid. I am proud that my brother and I put MoveOn.Org's feet to the fire and got them a little red in the face - and my graphic on Brit Hume's The Grapevine. I am proud of the one interview for Allman and Smash that I did. I am proud that my mother and grandmother liked this site (reasons #1 and #2 for me not creating posts with words like cock, dickweed, and Cleveland Steam Plate). Most of all I am proud of the people I have interacted with because of this blog to name a few: RFTR, Wyatt, Kitty, Pam, Cowboy Blog, Bob Owens, Rusty, VtheK, Brainster, Frank J, Sobek, Flip, and countless others.

Those of you that are already missing my sweet words, I will still post over at Blogs4Bauer. I will also continue to contribute over at UrbanElephants - even though it sometimes seems that all I add are the weekly Hillary Clinton caption contests. I will also keep this blog from being deleted, because I will still visit your website and leave silly comments that do nothing but make you scratch your head and wonder who the hell I think I am.

I tried to remain anonymous on this site mainly because I work in an industry that frowns on anyone left of Keith Olbermann. No despite what you have heard, I'm not a crack whore from Philly. However, I also wanted to let fellow New Yorkers know there's a Republican in your midst and I could've been anyone - the guy who cuts his finger nails on the E-train today (dude that was sick). I could've been your buddy, cubical mate, or even the guy who stole your lunch from the office fridge. After so long, my cover has almost been blown countless times. Like the time I accidentally hit Control-P and printed the whole blog to an office printer next to my office and didn't realize it for hours. My cover has almost never been blown. Because I am The Man.

Blogger sucks and God Bless America.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us