Monday, December 19, 2005

The Man in Beantown

The Man did Boston this weekend.

To say that New Yorkers are in hostile territory while in Boston is a bit of an understatement. But it's not that Bostonians really hate New York, they're just jealous and therefore have a huge inferiority complex.

Case and point: Go to Boston and look for Manhattan Clam Chowder. Hint: you will find it named "Rhode Island Clam Chowder".

Looking for a New York Yankees shirt in Boston? Odds are you will end up with one that has the words "choke", "suck", or "go to hell". I think I saw one with all three in Faneuil Hall.
I'll stop busting Boston's chops now, it's a great city with an amazing history - unmatched by any city in America. For a history buff, it's my Graceland. If every city could meld the old and new as Boston has (minus The Big Dig), our country would be better off. I tip my Tricorne Hat to the developers and people of Boston.