Friday, November 11, 2005

Weekend Caption Contest

Swinging Caption Contest
(source - Marine Times)



Top 10 Entries
10. Be the ball na na na na na - Your sister
9. NYT Front Page News: New Abu Ghraib photo's found! Foursome hits balls with club; soldier openly talked about torturous 'slicing' and 'hooking'. - Troll 8. Snipers! Call Charlie Company and tell them to get back to shooting insurgents and leave my golf balls alone! - BC
7. PFC SPACKLER: Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole! - Mr. Right
6. - The Man
5.Willard: Are you crazy g-ddamnit? Don't you think it's a litle risky for some R&R?
Kilgore: If I say it's safe to play golf Captain, then it's safe to play golf. I mean I'm not afraid to play golf here, I'll play golf all over this whole f-ing place.
Besides, jihadis don't play golf. - lawhawk
4. "Hey Ernie, How do you hit so well out of the sand?" "I got Adam's new "Bunker Buster club" - Rodney Dill
3. - RFTR
2. "It's a long par five to the enemy, Sir..." - Adjustah
1. "Please not another sand trap. Please not another sand trap." - GOP and College


Photoshop Entries
- The Man









- RFTR








"Oh, you're a regular Arnold Palmer, aren't you?."
Swinging soldier: "That was a practice swing, I swear it."
-GOP and College





Previous Contests
Paris is so Hot
I Hardly Nuked Ya
I am the Walrus
Back to the Mothership
Elevated Caption Contest
Democratic Leadership: Oxymoron