Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Political Commercials Hit All Time Low

Politics in the Garden State have hit a new low, even for New Jersey standards. This morning I watched and was sickened when I saw a commercial for the Jon Corzine for Governor campaign starring a paraplegic named Carl Riccio who claims that Republican Doug Forrester does not care about him or people like him because of his views on stem cell research.
...Doug Forrester doesn't support embryonic stem cell research, therefore, I don't think he supports people like me and doctors who say a cure is coming...

"It's an emotional ad, certainly, and one wonders if it's too much, if it goes too far," states David Rebovich a Rider University political analyst. You know, if wheeling out a paralyzed boy to attack your opponent is not going too far, then I'd hate to see what is.

I cannot wait until the New Jersey governor's race is over with, New Yorkers are sick of the sleazy commercials coming from both sides. But this one takes the cake for sure.

Click Here for the Ad-script
Click Here to view the commercial. Let me know what you think.

Update: Enlighten - NJ hints at a developing Corzine scandal that makes "Jim McGreevey look like a Cub Scout compared to Jon Corzine."

Update: Malkin shows how Moveon is exploiting the dead

Update: Forrester responds with an ad of his own (sort of)