Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I am a big Liberal

It seems that someone found my site and blasted me for being a liberal... a liberal who makes fun of southerners no less. Please note: I copied this straight from an email so the spelling and grammar errors are not mine.

I have a problem with you outlook on republicans. you see, i was raised by hollywood much like your liberal self. and all it took was some simple logic to realize how much more sense being right wing is. I resent your comments about conservetives being "deep southerners" i'm from California. Anyway, I found your terrible site by seeing an image of Bush with the swatztica behind him. I've seen in the past few weeks that democrats are close to that warped sense of facism. thats most of my politcal debate. what are you gonna do? attack my personal lifestyle because i'm right?
- email from a reader

The news that I'm a liberal came as a big shock to me.

After the initial shock wore off, I checked to see if I was indeed (yuck) "a liberal". Let's see, I voted for Dole, Bush, and Bush again (I even woke up early to cast a worthless vote for Bush in NYC). I have a picture of myself meeting George H.W. Bush. I was a member of the Williamson County (TN) Young Republicans. I volunteered at the RNC when it came to town. I created a blog called GOP and the City, before that I posted on MightyRighty and now I also post on Urban Elephants. I own a book titled, Handbook of the VRWC. Back in Tennessee I marched against the income tax. Recently, in a fundraising scheme, the GOP sent me a "membership card", so I'm literally a card-carrying Republican. I have a job and pay taxes, support the troops, take showers, and go to church. To be any more more republican I would need to be rich.

You are so Liberal if: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Please post a comment, letting me know if you think I'm a liberal or republican.

It seems that my buddy over at RFTR is also having problems with his political leanings, go help him out as well.