Monday, February 07, 2005

Generation Duuhh - Part 2

Waffles

My sister works at a test-prep company and has sent over a few examples of essays written by kids trying to get into college. I am starting to wonder if letting these kids invest in their own social security might be a bad idea.

The student was instructed to expand on the following quote: "You don't know what you have until it's gone." This one sounds like the student has taken a page from John Kerry's book by covering every possible position. If this kid doesn't pan out as a rocket scientist, a career in politics may be a possibility. Click on the image for a larger view.

Preface: They are nuanced

Translation: We often appreciate the things we have, not when we gain them, but when we lose them. I agree but also disagree with the statement. Over the next I will explain why.

Statement 1: They agree

Translation: First, I agree with this statement through the time I loss something. My mother had her first goradge sale. She had many of my old toys out for sale. Including some toy trucks I aquired. I never knew how much I liked them in till they were gone.

Statement 2:They disagree

Translation: I disagree with this statement through a expericene of the satifacitory of saving for a bike. I appreciated that bike so much because I saved and earned it.

Statement 3: They agree and disagree

Translation: Lastly, I agree and disagree with this statement. Through Christmass. I had wanted a dirt bike so badly. Then I got one. I had alot of fun with it. Well few years later I sold it and had wished I didn't.

Click Here for the whole essay

Other Links
Generation Duuhh - Part 1