Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Supercampaign prop

Exerpt taken from St. Petersburg Times:

He suffered cardiac arrest on Saturday, fell into a coma and died the next day, surrounded by his family....Kerry said the actor left him a long voicemail on Saturday thanking him for campaigning in support of curing conditions such as his.

Do we know the details of the final hours of Christopher Reeve's life yet? John Kerry has Reeve leaving long voicemails, he then goes into a cardiac arrest and coma. I find the timing fishy, but I have no facts to back up my claim. Is it possible that Kerry had another Christmas in Cambodia, hatman, Boston Marathon, 16-point buck, VC-dog story? Now I miss Superman like everyone else. I am not trying to smear Superman. Maybe you can blame me for just trying to start new rumor like Bush's Wire and Kerry's Cheat Sheet.

But, I do see Kerry/Edwards using Superman's death as a political tool, which would be disingenuous at best (see Wellstone funeral).

Update: That did not take long. "When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again" - John Edwards